DO YOU NEED TO FILE AN IR3 ?
We can tell you whether or not you need to or should file and if it needs to be an IR3 or PTS
Apply for your free tax refund estimate !
You are required to file a PTS or IR3 if:
- You received working for families tax credits
- You used a special tax code
- You used an incorrect tax code
You are required to file an IR3 (and not a PTS) if:
- You earned untaxed income of more than NZ$200.
- You earned scheduler payments of more than NZ$200 (usually from contract work)
- You received income from overseas of more than NZ$200 and do not qualify for a temporary tax exemption
- You were an IR56 taxpayer
You may want to file an IR3 or PTS if you believe that you have overpaid tax. Situations that may bring this about include:
- You worked for more than one employer
- You only worked part of the year
- You had a second job but your income was under $48,000.
- You made less than $48,000 and were paid dividends
- You earned scheduler payment have expenses to claim against your income.